As the days tick by and my departure date to LA gets ever closer, I’m hurrying to cross off some items on my bucket list. This weekend it was the Australian Open tennis tournament.
Despite having lived in Melbourne for 7 years, I had never been to the tennis. I’d always wanted to go, but things just seemed to get in the way, not the least, work commitments. So with my current flexible work arrangements, I made the time to go and see the blue-court action.
In order to get the most from the experience, I wandered around during the day on my groundpass checking out the big screen action from a deck chair, the Swedish fan club on Show Court 2 and then got right up close to a match between a Russian and a Serb. Unfortunately I first picked a seat in the middle of a gang of adolescents with Serbian heritage. Just like any big group of teenagers (like at the cinema) they were obnoxious, loud, foul-mouthed and stinky. As the game was interesting, I moved to another stand for a better spectator environment. I have also come to the conclusion that Swedes and Serbs are the biggest tennis fanatics.
With one bucket list experience down, there are still plenty more such as:
- The Great Barrier Reef, Queensland, Australia
- Burning Man Festival, USA
- La Tomatina Festival, Spain
- Tour of Mungo, NSW, Australia
- Pyramids and Nile cruise, Egypt
- Petra, Jordan
- Trans-Siberian Train trip, Russia
- Go to a Hollywood premiere
- Buy myself a pair of Jimmy Choos
- Timbuktu, Mali
- Tubing in Laos
- Live in New York for 6 months
- Cherry Blossom Festival, Japan
- Ciudad Perdida trek, Colombia
- Panama Canal, Panama
What is the most recent thing you’ve done from your bucket list?