15 reasons I´m excited about moving to Bogotá
In my second big announcement of 2013, comes the news that we are moving to Bogotá!
I´ve had an iron in the fire for a position since mid January and will finally be starting very soon.
Am I excited? You bet! And let me tell you why (in no particular order).
- I fell in love with Colombia in Bogotá
- I have an amazing new job that I have dreamt about for a long time
- We will finally be living on our own in our own apartment
- Bogotá has so many cultural activities to participate in and enjoy
- Bogotá is a crazy, creative city
- I get to wear nice clothes (and leave the shorts and singlets in Santa Marta)
- No more sweating 24 hours a day (unless I am sick)
- I get to wear boots again!
- No more earning minimum wage
- Getting to choose (and prepare) the food I want to eat
- Spending time and reconnecting with my friends there and making new friends
- Drinking water out the tap, no more boiling for 5 minutes or getting up in the middle of the night to find someone has drunk the last of the purified water
- Having professional work colleagues
- Having more travel destinations (Colombia and beyond) accessible to us for weekends or short breaks
- Crepes and Waffles!
Are there any other reasons you think I should be excited to move to Bogotá?